Ahhh the week of Thanksgiving. Such a wonderful time of year. The turkey, the family time, the parade, the ever present memory of what an ass Christopher Columbus was, and the beautiful fall leaves. Lovely. All joking, and gruesome history, aside- this really is one of my favorite holidays. Most of the fun section is Thanksgiving themed- food, decor, funny videos. The Substance section mainly focuses on the recent sexual assault fiasco, Puerto Rico, and the recent elections in Virginia. Enjoy.
- A running list of the sexual assault allegations since Harvey Weinstein, The New York Times (YOU GUYS ITS FINALLY HAPPENING, THEY’RE FINALLY BEING PUNISHED FOR THEIR ACTIONS.)
- A clock of how long Trump has gone without commenting on Moore’s allegations, CNN
- A clock of how long its been since President Trump attacked someone on Twitter, CNN
- A guide to the Puerto Rico debt crisis, The Skimm
- Politico’s profile on former Speaker of the House John Boehner, Politico (regardless of your political affiliation, this is a really interesting read and might soften your opinions on the guy.)
- The Keystone Pipeline leaked– if only someone had told us that it was going to happen , CNN
- Demographic breakdowns of who voted for who in the Virginia elections, The Washington Post
- Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas, from the queen herself, Martha Stewart
- This great weekender bag is on sale at Sole Society
- Under $100 Gift Ideas, Darling Magazine
- 5 Outfit Combos Confident Women Swear By, The Everygirl
- This profile on Beyoncé, The Gentlewoman (not Thanksgiving related, but what the hell)
- What to wear in the winter, by a sweater designer, Kinfolk Magazine
That’s all I’ve got for this one. Go eat your turkey and be with your families.