(Darling is an incredible pro-women magazine that divides it’s editions up by 8 categories. That’s what I’m doing with my yearly resolutions. Thx 4 the outline bb’s!)
HOSTESS: creates a space to feel known.
- Clean more.
- Decorate your space like your Pinterest boards- only buy stuff you really love
- Have people over every once in a while- you love throwing parties, so do it more!
- Take pride in your home and how it represents you.
- Buy a cookbook. Actually use it.
DREAMER: vibrant mind, deep soul, and artist’s eye.
- Do photography more. It makes you happy and relaxes you. Like free therapy.
- Cross stitch, macramé, etc. It makes you feel accomplished.
- Write down your goals. You have a lot of them- have something to keep track of when you achieve one!
- Write a little every day
CONFIDANT: says hello first and gives a hug like she means it.
- Smile more. Get that RBF under control gf.
- Say hello to people first and stop expecting people to reach out to you. Friendships are two way roads and it’s never bad to be the one who initiates.
- It’s ok to be an introvert, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be friendly and talk every once and a while.
- Be the friend you want people to be to you.
STYLIST: wear anything with confidence.
- Invest in jean and leather.
- Stop online shopping so much- don’t buy anything you don’t love. AND DO NOT STRESS SHOP.
- Dress for the body you have, not the body you want.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks with some trends. If you like it, wear it.
EXPLORER: has a heart for the world.
- Do something somewhere else once a month. Concert, lunch, just for fun, etc.
- Don’t be hesitant to spend money in this category. Experiences are better than things.
- Being outside makes you happy; set aside time to hammock, hike, just sit, etc.
(Explorer when you’re studying abroad)
- Go to Ireland, Poland, Germany, Copenhagen, Prague, the Amalfi Coast, Santorini
- Drink wine in Porto, Portugal
- Take a water taxi in Venice, Italy
- Hike in the South of France
BEAUTICIAN: sees the beauty in everything- especially in the mirror.
- Get ready at least three times a week. You’re more confident when you do.
- Work out three days a week (at least). This isn’t to lose weight or to look a certain way- it’s to be healthy.
- Eat well. It’ll make your skin better and you’ll just generally feel better.
- Eat out only on weekends. Also remember that Canes is bad for you and makes you feel gross.
- Try to keep a somewhat decent sleep schedule. You are a monster without it, and it’s good for you.
INTELLECTUAL: loves a good book, a healthy debate, and the daily news.
- Don’t get discouraged, some things take effort to be good at.
- Grades! Are! Not! Everything! You have experiences that make you unique; a couple of B’s won’t kill you.
- Don’t be so critical of yourself. You are smart, and you can go places if you try.
- Keep up with the news.
- Read court cases, bills, etc. The more you do it, the easier they’ll be to understand.
ACHIEVER: hits the ground running, but makes room on the ladder.
- Turn the blog into a side hustle.
- Turn your internship into something more- summer internship, internship somewhere else, etc.
- Get a score on the GRE/LSAT you can be proud of
- Get into either grad school or law school